Property Appraiser for Palm Beach County has the responsibility to determine the taxable value of 640,000 parcels and about 60,000 tangible personal property accounts in the county. They need to maintain the property ownership records and the official map of the county. Also, PBCPA has to apply tax exemptions to the properties to meet the qualifications. If you want to learn more about other appraisers, visit Property Appraisers.
About Palm Beach County PA Committee
The property appraiser gives value to the office budget, scholarship award program, and employee community service. Palm Beach County has more than 200 staff at its five service centers. The county contains more credentialed appraisal professionals than other jurisdictions all over the United States. Sixty-seven percent of the employees are certified Florida evaluators.
There is a total of 38 designees from the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO). Forty from the Florida State licensed appraisers, and 12 are from the Appraisal Institute. The county office also received an IAAO public information program award to recognize the successful public education initiatives.
Palm Beach County PA’s Location for Members
- Main Office & Downtown Service Center-County Governmental Center, Main Office – 5th Floor
- Downtown Service Center (Exemptions) – 1st Floor, 301 North Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (561.355.2866)
- South County Service Center-14925 Cumberland Drive, Delray Beach, FL 33446 (561.276.1250)
- North County Service Center- 3188 PGA Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 (561.624.6521)
- Mid West County Service Center- 200 Civic Center Way, Suite 200, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411 (561.784.1220)
- Belle Glade Service Center- 2976 State Road 15, Belle Glade, FL 33430 (561.996.4890)
Contact information (All Area Code 561)
Here are details on how you can reach PalmBeach County Property Appraiser in case you want to know the value of your property or for other needs.
Administration of Property Appraiser
- Property Appraiser Dorothy Jacks- 355-3230
- Exemption Services- 355-2866
- Tax Roll Coordinator- 355-2681
- Taxpayer Advocate- 355-4021
- Community Outreach 355-4021
- Human Resources- 355-2850
- Legal Affairs- 355-3668
- Media Relations- 355-3512
Division of Appraisal Services
- Agricultural Appraisals- 355-2781
- Commercial Appraisals- 355-3988
- Condominium Appraisals- 355-2690
- Personal Property Appraisals- 355-2896
- Data Management- 355-2890
- Residential Appraisals:
- East/Central County- 355-2883
- North County- 624-6795
- South County- 276-1201
- Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Acreage and the Glades area- 784-1210
Division of Taxpayer Services
- Exemption Services- 355-2866
- Downtown Service Center- 355-2866
- Mid-Western Communities- 784-1220
- Institutional Exemptions- 355-4523
- West County Service Center- 996-4890
- Mapping Counter- 355-2881
- Property Appraiser Records- 355-2881
- GIS/Mapping- 355-1558
- Technical User Issues- 561-996-4892
- North County Service Center- 624-6521
- South County Service Center- 276-1250
Palm Beach County PA Search
The website of Palm Beach county property appraiser has four different categories to search for the information you need to get from them. These are the nearby sales searches, advanced sales searches, countywide map searches, and more search options.
Nearby Sales Search
This tool can use to find sales easily with proximity to the target property. The device was made to locate the deals with ⅛ mile up to 1 mile. The vicinity includes transactions that have been occurred within the last two years.
Advanced Sales Search
The advanced sales search tool is used to find the sales for any property type and any year of sales for the properties in the Palm Beach county. You can approach a more uncomplicated sales with this search by selecting the nearby sales search on the drop-down search link on the toolbar, or by clicking the “nearby sales” on a particular property detail page.
More Search Options
With the more search options, you can locate properties using the criteria like the owner’s name, address, subdivision, municipality, parcel control number, etc. But if you are looking for sales, you must use the advanced sales search option or the nearby sales search option.
Countywide map search
A countywide map search allows you to see the exact location as it previews a map as you search your inquiries. You can see the details of the area as you enter the details of either the owner, parcel or the address in the search toolbar. You can also print the result of your search by clicking the print icon at the bottom of the search toolbar.
In Florida State, the first half on $50,000 of your property assessed value is applied if the property is your permanent residence and if you own the property on January 1 of the tax year. The exemption is applied to all taxes, including the school district taxes. The other half will be used if the assessed value of the property is in between of at least $50,000 to $75,000. This additional exemption does not apply to school district taxes. Here are the documents to qualify for the homestead exemption for all property owners who want to apply:
- Florida Voter’s ID (if you vote)
- Immigration documents if not a U.S. citizen
- Car registration
- Driver’s License
- Florida ID (if you do not drive)
Note: The required documents must reflect the address of the property that you are applying for homestead exemption. This exemption qualifies you for the 3% of cap SOH (Save Our Home).
Palm Beach County PA: How to apply?
Submitting your form for your application has three options. Note: All requests for the homestead exemption must file by March 1.
- Visit one of the service centers to apply in person.
- Complete the application online. You can print it out and mail it to the Palm Beach County PA’s Office, Exemption Services, 1st Floor, 301 N. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Call the Property Appraiser Dorothy Jacks to 355-3230.
You can go directly to the office of PBC in Mid West County Service Center 200 Civic Center Way, Suite 200, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411 (561.784.1220) or contact the following to assist you with property appraisal services:
Agricultural Appraisals- 355-2781
Commercial Appraisals- 355-3988
Condominium Appraisals- 355-2690
Personal Property Appraisals- 355-2896
Data Management- 355-2890
Residential Appraisals:East/Central County- 355-2883
North County- 624-6795
South County- 276-1201
Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Acreage and the Glades area- 784-1210
Main Office & Downtown Service Center-County Governmental Center, Main Office – 5th Floor
Downtown Service Center (Exemptions) – 1st Floor, 301 North Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (561.355.2866)
South County Service Center-14925 Cumberland Drive, Delray Beach, FL 33446 (561.276.1250)
North County Service Center- 3188 PGA Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410 (561.624.6521)
Mid West County Service Center- 200 Civic Center Way, Suite 200, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411 (561.784.1220)
Belle Glade Service Center- 2976 State Road 15, Belle Glade, FL 33430 (561.996.4890)
Palm Beach County PA has an organized website to assist you with your needs and inquiries. You have lots of options on where to address your call. There are four categories on the site to make your search on property sales.
Do you find this article helpful? For your inquiries and other relevant questions, drop your feedback in the comment box below.