Polk County property appraiser works with the Florida Department of revenue to reassure the accuracy of the assessment through the property tax oversight program. PCPA administers 131,000 homestead exemption, 84,000 business accounts, 358,000 parcels of real estate, and must identify the property entitled to the agricultural classification. Meanwhile, you can visit Property Appraiser to find out more about other property appraisers.
Their office and staff are responsible for service to the public and glad to assist with exemptions and appraisals. Polk County Property Appraiser must be aware of what properties are selling for, rent and operating expenses, cost to replace the improvements and numerous factors that impact the value.
See more of the appraisers that can help your with your property. You can read reference we provided for Charlotte County Property Appraiser, Flagler County Property Appraiser, or Gulf County Property Appraiser.
- 1 About Property Appraiser for Polk County
- 2 Communication Trail
- 3 Location and Contact Information
- 4 Search Information
- 5 Homestead exemption
- 6 Property Appraiser: FAQ
About Property Appraiser for Polk County
PCPA’s office wants to ensure that the services provided are accessible for every individual, even those who have disabilities such as hearing, visual, cognitive, and motor disabilities.
Free visual, hearing, and other assistance that can be arranged. You can look for their web’s ADA notice for the additional information or contact the Polk County property appraiser’s ADA coordinator to give the proper assistance that you need.
Polk County Property Appraiser Grievance Procedure
To meet the requirements of the ADA of 1990, that’s why the Grievance procedure is established. Anyone who wants to file a protest against discrimination based on the disability in the provision of activities, programs, services, or benefits by the office of Polk County PA can use this procedure.
Location and Contact Information
All comments, compliments, and questions about the transactions, information, or the PCPA can be directed through phone calls, or you may visit Polk County property appraiser’s office in person with the help of the given information below:
- Bartow/ Main Office- 255 N Wilson Ave. Bartow, FL 33830 Phone: (863) 534-4777
- Lakeland Office- 930 E Parker St., Suite 272 Lakeland, FL 33801 Phone: (863) 802-6150 FAX: (863) 802-6163
- Winter Haven Office- 3425 Lake Alfred Rd. 3 Gill Jones Plaza, Winter Haven, FL 33881 Phone: (863) 401-2424 Fax: (863) 401-2428
Here are the ways to find a real and tangible property in the Polk County PA’s website:
- Through the property search page, including by address, parcel ID, and name. You can search for the property appraiser’s database to find the property you are looking for.
- You can use the advanced query search page to create your query.
PCPA offers links to other third party websites that could be an interest to the visitors of their website. These links are provided solely for the visitor’s convenience and to assist them in locating other information on the internet.
Clicking the links will automatically leave the Polk County PA’s website and will be redirected to another website.
The sites are not under the management of PCPA. The content of the linked third-party websites is not under the liability of PCPA.
The privacy policies and security on the linked sites may be different from what the PCPA policies have, so you must be aware and read the third party’s security policies and privacy.
Each person who has the equitable or legal right to a property and maintains it as his permanent residence or another legally dependent of the owner is entitled to the homestead exemption.
A person and his spouse(if married) must bring proof of legal residency established by the following:
- Florida Driver License (with current address)
- Florida vehicle registration (with current address)
- Local employment
- Voter Registration (with current address)
- School Name of Dependent Children
- Current Utility Bill
- Bank Statement mailing address
Additional homestead exemption documents
Property owners who are qualified for the initial $25,000 homestead exemption will also be eligible to receive an additional $25,000 homestead under the Amendment 1 beginning in the 2008 tax year. The additional homestead exemption is applied to the assessed value of between $50,000-$75,000. The school board portion of the account rate is not exempted, unlike in the initial homestead exemption.
Changes that may affect the homestead
Any of the following applied situations which are not reported. You may call the PCPA exemptions department-(863)534-4777 for the proper action to be implied:
- Your spouse and you have a second home in/out of the state, and you both receive a residency tax credit or homestead exemptions.
- Still receiver widow exemption even if you have remarried.
- Your salary exceeds the legal limit for the qualification of senior exemption.
- You moved from your homestead property.
- The owner of the homestead property was deceased.
- You are renting your homestead property.
- You and your spouse own different/separate properties, and both receive the homestead exemption.
Property Appraiser: FAQ
Polk County PA works with the Florida Department of revenue to reassure the accuracy of the assessment through the property tax oversight program. PCPA administers 131,000 homestead exemption, 84,000 business accounts, 358,000 parcels of real estate, and must identify the property entitled to the agricultural classification.
> Bartow/ Main Office- 255 N Wilson Ave. Bartow, FL 33830 Phone: (863) 534-4777
>Lakeland Office- 930 E Parker St., Suite 272 Lakeland, FL 33801 Phone: (863) 802-6150 FAX: (863) 802-6163
>Winter Haven Office- 3425 Lake Alfred Rd. 3 Gill Jones Plaza, Winter Haven, FL 33881 Phone: (863) 401-2424 Fax: (863) 401-2428
1. Through the property search page, including by address, parcel ID, and name.
2. You can search for the property appraiser’s database to find the property you are looking for. You can use the advanced query search page to create your query.
Property Appraiser is a big help to all aspiring person. You’ll get to know all the documents, fees, and processes you need to own and maintain your future home. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.